Mission Statement: Chain Reaction Bicycle Project, Inc. (CRBP) promotes bicycle transportation and bicycling safety in the Goshen community through educational programs, offering reasonably priced used bicycles for sale, repair services, and providing increased access to bicycles for all persons, including those with limited income.
CRBP is a non-profit community bicycle organization that is a hub for bicycle resources, education and advocacy, as well as a resource for affordable used bicycles and repairs, advocating for bicycling and bicycle transportation.
CRBP provides educational programs that teach bicycle repair and maintenance skills in hopes of creating a safe bicycle-powered community.
If you are interested in attending an educational class and seeing future class topics, check out our Education Classes page.
Work to Own
A large part of our mission is providing access to transportation in exchange for sweat equity. To do this, we collect donated bicycles and repair them or part them out.
Community members can then buy a bicycle for a modest price or earn one by working at the shop at a rate of $10 per hour credited toward the purchase of a bike. In general, the most important skill needed to work off a bike is a desire to work and to learn.
Other Resources at The Shop
What you should know about the Chain Reaction Bike Shop:
- Nearly everything at the shop is donated and in used condition
- Bicycles and parts can be purchased or earned.
- Most bikes are $50 – $150. Most parts range from $5 – $20.
- Usually, you can’t pay us to fix your bike. We prefer cooperative work arrangements where you participate in the process, whether it is working on a donated bike, sweeping the floor, sorting parts, or helping us work on your bike. Occasionally, we will do all the work for you and ask for a donation.
- Our staff is mostly volunteers. If you’d like to volunteer at the shop, you can contact us or just show up when we are open.
- Trailers are available for rent.